In 2003 San José State University and the City of San José came together to form a unique partnership to offer joint library services to citizens of San José and SJSU students and faculty at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library at corner of 4th and East San Fernando Streets.
What does our collaboration mean for you, our users and supporters?
Enhanced resources and services
- Access for all San José residents to the academic collection of materials from the SJSU Library
- Access for SJSU students to the books, movies, and music in the public library's collection in all 23 locations
- Any book from the Public collection at King can be delivered to any library user at their local branch library
- Most academic databases are available to everyone in the King Library, including business databases, streaming video and music
- Access for SJSU students to downloadable eBooks, eAudiobBooks, and music from the Public collections
- Joint Events and Exhibits for the City and University
- Special research collections available to everyone at the King Library, including:
Beautiful Space for Study and Collaboration